If you think you don’t need to improve your mortgage technology security because it was up to par yesterday, you might want to think about a few things.
- • Approximately 1 million new malware threats are released per day.
- • 60% of small businesses get hacked every year.
- • A report by Symantec showed that online thieves are working faster than companies can protect themselves.
All of that means that if you were safe yesterday, you might not be today. Your mortgage technology should be protected every second of every day.
Why You Should Work on Improving Technological Security
It’s clear to see all the benefits of improving the security of your technological devices, and it’s about much more than just avoiding temporary inconveniences.
1. Cyberthreats can be financially devastating to your business. Depending on the severity of the damage and the size of your business, repairing the issues and then finding a way to prevent them from happening again could cost you well into the hundreds of millions of dollars. Lost productivity will also impact your profits.
2. You hold consumers’ private information at your fingertips. So it’s not only about you. You have a responsibility to protect your clients as well.
3. A hack could ruin your clients’ faith in you. Most people understand how clever internet thieves are, but others don’t. One way to combat this, of course, is to reassure customers that you work with one of the best technology security companies around and therefore are doing all you can to continue to protect them.
4. Your competitors could get ahead, if only for a few weeks. But a few weeks is too much, especially for small- to medium-sized businesses. You don’t want your customers to discover a different brand that can provide them with similar services, as they might never come back to you. Along those lines, a variety of online tools – both legal and illegal – can help your competitors see things you don’t want them to when it comes to your business.
5. A security breach is extremely stressful. If you’re the owner or manager of a business, you want the peace of mind of knowing your mortgage technology, your financial records, your personal information, your employees’ personal information, and your customers’ records are safe and secure. If they are not, by the way, you better believe that your employees and clients will feel the burden as well.
Contact Clarity Technologies to Improve Your Mortgage Technology Security
All that being said, the bottom line is that new threats are discovered every single day, so you have to stay on top of it to make sure your business is secure.
If you’re still relying on yesterday’s security systems, contact us through our website or by phone at (480) 418-3428, and we’ll make you see how much better your mortgage technology security can be.